Hugh C. Becker Grants for 2017 totaling $105,000 in order of funding dates are:
- To help fund the Minnesota DNR Fisheries Offices in Duluth with netting equipment.
- To provide funds three (3) Minnesota DNR projects in Little Falls and Sauk Rapids through the St. Cloud Chapter #37 of Muskies, Inc.
- To continue supporting the cooperative Minnesota and Wisconsin DNR’s telemetry research on the St. Louis River through the Lake Superior Chapter #33 of Muskies, Inc.
- To assist the Minnesota Muskie and Pike Alliance (MMPA) in their political lobbying efforts with the Minnesota State Legislature.
- To support the Maryland DNR with their muskie research on the upper reaches of the Potomac River through the Thurmont, MD, Fisheries Offices.
- For further funding of muskie pit-tagging research on the Mantrap Lakes System through the Minnesota DNR Park Rapids, MN Fisheries Office.
- To provide the Minnesota DNR NE and NW Regional Fisheries offices with muskie pit-tagging equipment through the management of Chris Kavanaugh in Grand Rapids, MN, Fisheries Office.
- To fund the Minnesota DNR Waterville, MN Hatchery with new equipment for raising muskies.
- To support the muskie pit-tagging research on Lake Wissota, WI, through the First Wisconsin Chapter #6 of Muskies, Inc.
- To partially fund the Ohio DNR at the Sandusky Fisheries Research Station with their study of spatial ecology of muskellunge in Lake Erie.
- To partially fund the Michigan DNR at the Lake St. Clair Fisheries Research Station with their study of spatial ecology of muskellunge in the St. Clair-Detroit River System – coordination with the Ohio DNR study in Lake Erie (above).
- To provide materials for the project to cover three ponds at the Spooner, Wisconsin Fish Hatchery through the Hayward Lakes Chapter #13 of Muskies, Inc.
- To provide partial funding of the FIN (youth) Program in St. Paul, MN through the Twin Cities Chapter #1 of Muskies, Inc.
- To support the Youth Conservation Alliance (YCA) for their programs at Hayward, WI.
- To support the Minnesota State High School Muskie-Fishing program through the North Metro Chapter #21 of Muskies, Inc.
- To match funding of the Minnesota State High School Muskie-Fishing program through the Twin Cities Chapter #1 of Muskies, Inc.
- To provide funding for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters and Family Fun Festival programs by the St. Cloud Chapter #37 of Muskies, Inc.
- To fund four(4) Metro Day Camps through The Fishing for Life (FFL) programs in the Twin Cities of Minnesota.
- To assist in funding muskie forage to the Minnesota DNR New London, MN Fish Hatchery during the critical summer raising.
- To assist in funding muskie forage to the Michigan DNR Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery for the 2017 season through the Michigan Muskie Alliance Chapter #47 of Muskies, Inc.
- To assist the stocking efforts of the Green Bay Chapter #4 of Muskies, Inc.
- To continue the funding to Muskies Canada in their restoration of muskellunge project at Lake Simcoe.
- To assist the stocking efforts of Bill’s Musky Club in central Wisconsin.
- To help fund stocking muskies through the 12 Apostles Musky Club of Wisconsin.
- To help fund stocking muskies through the Consolidated Musky Club of Wisconsin.