2021 Hugh C. Becker Grant Recipients
With these awards, the total of benefits issued since the beginning of the program in 2008 will be more than $1,796,000.00. The order of funding dates for 2021, with amounts totaling $107,000.00, including a return of $1,300.00 from the MN DNR are:
- To assist in funding the purchase of critical shoreline habitat between Wabedo and Little Boy Lakes by the Wabedo/Little Boy/Cooper/Rice Lakes Association.
- To support the 2021 Veterans program of Musky Mission Complete.
- To support funding to Wisconsin League of Musky Anglers (WILMA) for the purchase of pit tag readers and tags for continued research on the Wisconsin River.
- To support the funding of the pit-tag research by the Brainerd Lakes Chapter #24 of Muskies, Inc., on Gull and Roosevelt Lakes in conjunction with the Minnesota DNR.
- To fund the warm water effect on muskellunge mortality study by Jordan Weeks of the Wisconsin DNR at Lacrosse Wisconsin.
- To match funds of the Wausau Area Chapter #62 of Muskie Inc. for the purchase of pit tags.
- To contribute to the PAC lobbying efforts of the Minnesota Muskie and Pike Alliance (MMPA).
- To support the Spartan Angling (youth) program at Nashwauk, MN High School.
- To partially fund the Headwaters Chapter #12 of Muskies, Inc., for pit tags.
- To support the tiger-muskie stocking/research project of the Mountain West Chapter #65 of Muskies, Inc. at the Lee Kay Hatchery in Salt Lake City, UT.
- To support the Youth Heritage Outdoors (YHO) Minnesota State High School Muskie-Fishing Championship program for 2021.
- To assist in supporting the 2021 Youth Conservation Alliance (YCA) fishing programs.
- To support the Twin Cities Chapter #1 of Muskies Inc. with their regional Minnesota High School muskie-fishing and youth programs.
- To help fund the Hayward Lakes Chapter #13 in purchasing golden shiners (feed) for the Spooner, WI Hatchery.
- To fund the purchase of a lab microscope and fish feeder for the Spooner, WI Hatchery through the Hayward Lakes Chapter #13 of Muskies, Inc.
- To help fund the David Schumann muskie-escapement study through the University of Wisconsin (LaCrosse).
- To support the Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail (IMTT) youth scholarship program.
- To partially support the youth programs of the Fox River Valley Chapter #39 of Muskies, Inc.
- To provide live minnow feed at the Linesville, PA Hatchery, through the Three Rivers Chapter #16 of Muskies, Inc.
- To partially fund muskie stocking in the Fox Chain of Lakes and Long Lake by the Fox River Valley Chapter #39 of Muskies, Inc.
- To provide live minnow feed for fingerlings at the Spirit Lake, IA Hatchery, through the Upper Lakes Great Lakes Chapter #29 of Muskies, Inc.
- To support the muskie stocking program of the Twelve Apostles Musky Club in their Wisconsin River area.
- To match funds of the Flatlanders Chapter #32 of Muskies, Inc. for their youth program.
- To fund the muskie-stocking program of the Nittany Valley Muskie Alliance Chapter #64 of Muskies, Inc.