SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 • 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
DESIGNATED TOURNAMENT WATERS
LAKE MINNETONKA • LAKE WACONIA • LAKE INDEPENDENCE • EAGLE LAKE (Hennepin County) • BALD EAGLE LAKE • WHITE BEAR LAKE • LAKE ST. CROIX • FOREST LAKE • LAKE OWASSO • LAKE HARRIET • LAKE CALHOUN • LAKE OF THE ISLES • CEDAR LAKE
You MUST have a copy of Saturday’s Minneapolis StarTribune or St. Paul Pioneer Press (no weekly papers) with you to include in your pictures of a registered fish.
1. Boats, equipment, and conduct must comply with all Minnesota State laws. Minnesota State Fishing Licenses are required. If you are fishing Minneapolis city lakes, you must comply with regulations regarding gas motors.
2. There must be a minimum of TWO PERSONS in each boat. All occupants in the boat, including guides, must be registered tournament contestants whether they fish or not.
3. All occupants of the boat must be wearing an approved personal flotation device whenever gas motor(s) are running. Kill switch must be physically attached to operator whenever gas motor(s) are running.
4. All fish must be caught during tournament hours in the designated waters using legal sportfishing tackle. ONLY ARTIFICIAL LURES/BAIT MAY BE USED.
5. All muskies entered must be a minimum of 40 inches in length.
Contestants must remain with the muskie until it swims away unaided. Fish must be returned to the water alive in the presence of one witness. Fish may not be transported. Fish that have been taken to a scale will be disqualified.
The first muskie registered by each contestant qualifies contestant for an entry into the Grand Prize Drawing.
6. TOURNAMENT HOURS: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.
7. FISH REGISTRATION: To register a fish, contestant must call in to tournament headquarters, turn in a Fish Registration form, and download/email TWO photos of the fish.
- Call in to tournament headquarters when you catch a muskie 40 inches or longer (phone numbers are printed on the Fish Registration form). Time of registration will be the time of your call to tournament headquarters.
- All Fish Registration forms must be turned in and photos received by 7:00 pm.
A fish is not considered officially registered until a Fish Registration form and photo are turned in and they have been reviewed by Tournament Officials.
8. PHOTO OF FISH: You must submit TWO digital photos of your fish. One photo must show you holding the fish. It is preferable to hold the fish in a horizontal (not vertical) position.
The second photo must show the entire fish on a commercially-manufactured bump board. The fish’s nose must be touching the upright portion of the board. We must be able to see the measurement in the photo.
You must have a Saturday, September 25 newspaper (Minneapolis Star Tribune or St. Paul Pioneer Press – no weekly papers) in ONE of the photos. The newspaper must be visible and identifiable the photo.
Contestants must use a smart phone or digital camera. Film cameras and disposable (one-time use) cameras are not acceptible. If you are using a digital camera, photos will be downloaded. You must have the USB cord for your camera available. All photos will become the property of Muskies, Inc.
If you use a smart phone to take your photo, please email photos to email@example.com after you have made your call. Include your tournament number, last name and fish length in the subject line.
9. POINT SYSTEM: You will receive 10 points for each 40-inch muskie released. In addition, you will receive one point or fraction thereof for each inch or fraction over 40 inches measured to the nearest 1/2 inch. 1/2inch gets 1/2 point. In order to receive additional points the fish’s tail must be at or over the next measurement line – no rounding up.
Examples: 40 inches = 10 points
42-1/2 inches = 10 + 2-1/2 = 12-1/2 points
10. In the case of multiple contestants having the same number of points, the order of place will be determined by the time of the first fish registration by each contestant, with the earlier time getting the better place.
11. CONTESTANT CONDUCT: All contestants must be courteous to others. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify a contestant for any obvious misconduct on the water or at launch sites.
12. Any protest of violation of Tournament Rules must be presented in writing and signed. Protests must be turned in at Awards before 7:00 pm. Issue will be resolved in person with all parties involved and Tournament Judges.
13. ALL DECISIONS OF JUDGES and/or TOURNAMENT officials ARE FINAL.
14. Judges may inspect boats at any time during the tournament.
15. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to require a POLYGRAPH TEST of any winners at contestant’s expense.
16. JUNIOR DIVISION: Contestants under age 18 are eligible for the Junior Division. All tournament rules are the same. The junior angler with the most points will be the Junior Division winner. Junior Division winner is eligible for the Grand Prize.
17. Winners must be present at Awards Program to receive any prizes.
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
1. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, a contestant must register one muskie.
2. Contestant’s name will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing once and only once, regardless of the number of muskies registered.
3. The Grand Prize winner will be selected by draw at Awards Program. Winner MUST be present at the Awards Program.
MARY VILLNOW MEMORIAL AWARD FOR WOMEN ANGLERS
The top woman contestant of any age with the highest number of points will receive $100 to be awarded in cash in memory of Mary Villnow.