- A muskie must be caught on legal sport fishing tackle (hook & line) in the United States or Canada in strict compliance with all local, state, or provincial laws and seasons. A muskie must be caught in season to count.
- A muskie must be hooked and played by only one person, and only that person may enter the muskie in the contest. Assistance in landing is permitted.
- Entrant must be a member in good standing of Muskies, Inc. prior to catching the muskie.
- All fish over 30 inches must be registered within 30 days of the catch. Only those fish over 30 inches will count toward your total points for the yearly contest. Register fish on-line at the National website www.muskiesinc.org. You must sign in to the site to register your fish. If you have trouble registering your fish, contact Members Only Chairperson, Mike Darley at email@example.com.
Fish that are not registered (or postmarked) before the 30 day limit will not count towards a members total points.
- The longest muskie released by a member of the chapter (all divisions) will be presented a replica of their muskie courtesy of the Twin Cities Chapter of Muskies, Inc. and Lax Reproductions, 5455 Hwy 45, Conover, WI. (Total of 1 per year) This is the longest by total inches including fraction of inches. Stipulations to win the replica are:
- At least one verifiable witness and at least one verifiable side view, horizontal photograph of the muskie is required.
- In the case of a tie, the fish that was caught and registered first (by catch date) is the winner and will receive the replica.
- Members may only win the free replica once every 20 years.
- Any and all discrepancies will be brought to the chapter for review and their decision will be final.
Twin Cities Chapter Members Only Contest Awards Divisions
- Men’s – 10 Awards. Any male member 18 years of age or older. Once you win you will be moved to the Master Division.
- Women’s – 3 Awards. Any female member 18 years of age or older. Once you win you will be moved to the Master Division.
- Men’s Masters – 3 Awards. Any male member who has won the Men’s Division.
- Women’s Masters – 3 Awards. Any female member who has won the Women’s Division.
- Juniors – 3 Awards. Any male or female member 17 years of age or less on January 1 of a calendar year.
- Hybrid – 1 Award per division. The Top Hybrid catcher of each division will get a plaque reflecting just their hybrid points.
Standings will be posted on the chapter website and in the newsletter each month.
The contest officially comes to an end on December 31 of each year.
Lunker of the Month
The Lunker of the Month is presented for each month of the season to any member of the Twin Cities Chapter Muskies, Inc. who catches and registers the longest muskie during that month. Muskies must be 45″ or larger to qualify for the award. If no fish was caught and registered over the 45″ during a month, no award will be given for that month. In the case of a tie, the fish that was caught and registered first (by catch date) is the winner. Entrant must be a member in good standing of Muskies, Inc. prior to catching the muskie.
Release points are based on 4 points for each release over 30 inches and 1 point for each inch over 30 inches. Any measurement of ½” or longer will be rounded up. Any fraction of less than ½” will be dropped.
All awards will be presented at our March chapter meeting.