Hugh C. Becker 2015 Foundation Awards
Initial Requisition Criteria for disbursing funds, subject to future amendments.
All requests are to be received between 1 November 2014 and 31 January 2015. Address (do not e-mail) all requests to Hugh C. Becker Committee of Twin Cities Chapter of Muskies, Inc., c/o George Selcke, 13004 Shady Dale Road, Minnetonka, MN 55343-4904.
Format: Requests are not to be more than five (5) legibly typed pages, ORIGINAL and FIVE (5) copies, to include all the following criteria:
- Name and address of the group, and a history of the group’s accomplished projects to date, if applicable.
- Demonstrate need- how will this project benefit the Muskellunge program(s) in area, region, or range (Canada included)
- What is the project and what is purpose of project?
- Where is this project taking place?
- What is the duration of this project/start and finish dates?
- What are the cost breakouts? Itemize equipment and labor, and provide quotes.
- Who will be involved: the project team, project manager/coordinator, and applicable means of contact (phone numbers)
- Submit “milestones” dates for progress reports and accountability.
- Can the requesting group match funds from another source? Please list.
-Cap on any individual grant/fund will be $10,000; incrementally within year or over the course of years, unless the Grant Committee decides otherwise on any specific proposal
-Credit to the Hugh C. Becker Trust Foundation will be incurred in funding
-The Hugh C. Becker has priority rights to all press releases and publications
-If this project fails to reach its purpose, through false reporting, deceit, and/or other unprofessional acts, the requesting group may be responsible for restitution (committee determination)
-NOTE: No indirect costs (overhead) will be awarded on research proposals
Like projects/activities that may qualify per the wishes and conditions of Hugh C. Becker include, but are not limited to:
- Muskie propagation by the Twin Cities Chapter #1, in their own ponds (?) with their own equipment
- Stocking, by either raising Muskie fingerlings or purchasing fingerlings/ yearlings/adults for public use in designated waters
- Habitat protection and improvement
- Clean water (quality) protection and improvement
- Professional research by qualified personnel (not limited to Minnesota, but must include accountable data)
- Expansion of the present muskellunge range (special consideration for the Missouri river system in North/South Dakota)
The Twin Cities Chapter #1 Committee will consider projects based on their respective merits per criteria above, and awards will be published in the Muskie magazine. The principles of Muskies, Inc., Youth, Research, and Fisheries are guidelines inclusive in qualifying and evaluating proposals.
**** NOTE: Accountability reports, DNR letters, Research papers, publications, University acknowledgements, and any other follow-up information for awards given in a particular year will be required before any individual or group is given consideration for future grants.
Hugh C. Becker Foundation Awards
One of the requirements for completion of your Hugh C. Becker Grant is your submission of an Accountability Report. This report signifies the completion of the project and gives you the possibility of applying for grants in the future. All reports must be typed, completed in the following format, and mailed to the Hugh C. Becker Committee of Twin Cities Chapter of Muskies, Inc., c/o George Selcke, 13004 Shady Dale Road, Minnetonka, MN 55343-4904.
- Name and address of the group.
- What was the project, it’s purpose, and results?
- How did this project benefit the Muskellunge program(s) in area, region, or range (Canada included)
- Where did this project take place?
- List the start and finish dates?
- What were the costs? Itemize equipment and labor, and provide copies of receipts.
- Who was involved: the project team, project manager/coordinator, and either email addresses or phone numbers.
- Submit any copies of articles, publicity, etc. about the project and list the Hugh C. Becker Foundation.
- What did you learn that could be applicable to other chapters?
- Were there any outcomes that you might pursue in the future?
**** NOTE: The Hugh C. Becker Foundation has priority rights to all press releases and publications. Accountability reports, DNR letters, Research papers, publications, University acknowledgements, and any other follow-up information for awards given in a particular year will be required before any individual or group is given consideration for future grants.